The department was established in 1929 with B.Sc. and post graduate programme was introduced, with specialization as Nanoscience physics. Presently department has 07 teaching and 04 nonteaching staff. Department has 05 research lab which are recognized by RTMNU, Nagpur for Ph. D. and M. Phil. The department also offers career oriented medical instrumental course as certificate/ diploma level. 05 teachers out of 07, acquired Ph. D. degree and actively engaged in research through publications and operating the research projects funded by UGC, DST and MOSF.
Aims of Physics Department
- Provide opportunities for scientific study and creative within a global context that will stimulate and challenge students.
- Provide a body of knowledge ,methods and techniques that characterize science and technology.
- Develope experimental and investigative scientific skills.
- Raise awareness of the moral, ethical,social, economic and environmental implications of using science and technology.
- Develope and appreciation of the possibilities and limitations associated with science.
- Our aim is, students can manipulate apparatus and perform experiments safely. To develop personal skills of cooperation, perseverance and responsibility. To construct research questions and analysis of the result . Apply and use physical models in understanding the Physics
- Special Achievement:--Started new optional paper Nanoscience& nanotechnology at M.Sc.-II level