The Department is one of the earliest CS Departments started in affiliated colleges under R.T.M.N. University Nagpur. In 1988, three year degree programme was started with (group PCom & SCom) Computer Science as one of the major subjects, with Statistics, Physics and Mathematics. Later, in 2015 subject is limited upt only SCom group with a intake capesity 16 students per year.
Now Dr. A. K. Khamborkar, Assistant Professor in statistic leading the department with contributory teachers.
- The goals of the computer sciences department are
- To prepare students for graduate training in some specialized area of computer science,
- To prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government sectors
Upon successful completion of a major in computer sciences,students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer
- Demonstrate proficiency in at least two high-level programming languages and two operating systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems
- Demonstrate comprehension of modern software engineering principles
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science