Department was established in 1951. Physical Education department is one of the important departments of the Institute in respect to keep the students physically as well as mentally fit. Physical education means all-round development of the students. The Department is having well equipped gym and big play-grounds to play Ball-badminton, Kabaddi, Basketball and Long jump pit, cricket ground facility and Indoor stadium includes Table tennis hall yoga hall aerobics hall, which can be treated as multi sports Complex. This year the department added weight lifting and training equipment’s. Weight training system improves progressive resistance exercises, speed, power and endurance of players.
Incentives to outstanding sportsperson
- Every year the outstanding sportspersons are felicitated on Republic Day at the hands of Director by giving awards, trophies / Medals / Certificates and Sports Kit. Their names are also recommended to R.T.M. Nagpur University for incentive marks.
- AASCON also gives Scholarship to outstanding Sports person every year.
- Participation of University/College in sports during last three years:
- Our Institute encourages students to participate in various sports and games. We conduct various competitions throughout the year at our college level. We also celebrate sports meet. Inter class competitions in various events such as running, long jump, short put, Chess, Table tennis, Volley ball, Ball badminton, Cricket etc. are conducted. The students participate enthusiastically in all these events
- Our students regularly participate in inter-collegiate tournaments like Cricket, Volleyball, Basket-Ball Chess, Badminton, Ball-Badminton, Table-tennis, Athletics, Swimming, Cross-country, Yogasan etc. They have performed exceedingly well in these events and have brought laurels to our institute. Besides this, our students also participate in Inter-university and National level Tournaments every year.
- Department also conducted the matches between Staff vs student & teaching staff vs non-teaching staff during social gathering.
- A well-equipped gymkhana has been made available for students, teachers and non-teaching staff. Many new types of equipment’s are purchased this year. For ex. Dumbbells, Weights etc. In this year grounds to play Ball-badminton, Kabaddi, Basketball and Long jump pit is added to the only cricket ground facility.
Physical Education department is one of the important departments of the Institute in respect to keep the students physically as well as mentally fit. Physical education means all-round development of the students. The Department is having well equipped gym and big play-ground which can be treated as multi sports ground. This year the department added weight lifting and training equipment’s.Weighttraining system improves progressive resistance exercises, speed, power and endurance of players.
- Every year Yoga training program is arranged for students by Dr.Mrs. M. A. Mardikar in the Institute’s Yoga room.
- Aerobics classes are also regularly taken by Dr. M.A. Mardikar for all interested students.
- A physical fitness class for student’s of B.Sc.-I and II are compulsory and are included in their regular time table.
- First Aid Boxes are made available in the physical education department and in the library. It is regularly checked and replacement of medicines is done from time to time.
- Our college has a well equipped gymnasium which is available to teachers, students and non-teaching staff.
- Medical check-up of all UG students is done by the team of doctors every year.
- Physical efficiency test of under graduate student is conducted every year.
- Every year approximately twenty to twenty two different game teams of the Institute participated in inter collegiate tournaments held by RTM Nagpur University Nagpur. Amongst them some teams won medals or reached in finals semi-finals or zone finals. Our players were participated in various games like volley ball, Kabaddi, Basketball, judo, Wrestling, shot-put etc. at National level, state level, district level tournaments.