It was in 1906 that an institution named “The Victoria Technical Institute” was started in the building which is occupied at present Agriculture college Nagpur and the Library was known as “Victoria Technical Institute Library”.
Academic year later Science and Arts courses were bifurcated and name of the college was changed to “Victoria College of Science” which was affiliated to Allahabad University .
In 1929 the college was shifted to present magnificent structure and 1966 the Govt. of Maharashtra elevated the college of Science to the level of an Institute of Science, Nagpur. Its Library is now known as Library of Institute of Science Nagpur.
To support Teaching and learning process.
To make the resources available to the users.
To make use of every document purchased
To satisfy users need, to optimum level.
“ To help in achieving overall institutional goal by supporting Teaching Learning process through online learning resources ”.